Baking Therapy May 19th

Hello Everyone,

Trying new things to bake and cook is definitely helping with my mood. When trying something new the only struggles I have are not having all the ingredients and then not knowing how the recipe is supposed to turn out. On Tuesday I made Mascarpone Mixed Berry Cake and instead of using mascarpone, I used cream cheese with 1/4 cup whipping cream as a substitute. The cake was good but it was heavy and had almost a cream cheesecake texture. Practice makes perfect but the biggest accomplishment for me is that it takes well even though you do not know what it is going to look like or taste like when you make it. With today's bake therapy I am going to put the link of the recipe into my post and put the ingredients list if you want to make it. Typing up the recipe last week had me worried if I would mess up the process. So I am going to post it from the source which is Pinterest. The recommended cooking dish for the recipe is a castiron pan 8 or 9-inch pan. I used my 8-inch cast iron and I think next time I will use the 10-inch pan I have. The reason being after the suggested cook time it was still not done and in the middle was a light doughy looking center. With a bigger pan, I am hoping it cooks more evenly and the top is golden brown in the center too. 

The shopping list for the recipe is as follows:

fresh fruit - I used blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, but the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 of raspberries.
mascarpone cheese - 8 oz - I have not been able to look to see if my grocery store has this type of cheese. I try not to go out and about shopping I do the Walmart pickup and when I need a list of things my husband goes to the store to get them. I like walking around and looking and with the chance of getting sick even higher, I can not change that.
* if you can not find the cheese look up substitutes for it and pick the one you are most comfortable with. I did the cream cheese and 1/4 of a cup of whipping cream. Let me know how it turns out.

ingredients:

1/2 cup blueberry (fresh)
1/2 cup raspberry (fresh)
2 eggs (room temp.)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour
2/3 sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon orange extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
84 g / 3 oz of unsalted butter (melted)
226 g / 8 oz mascarpone cheese (room temp.)

Link to the recipe on Pinterest:



Enjoy! See you soon,
                                   Sasha

Comments