Baking Therapy May 11th

Good Evening Everyone,

Hello, my name is Sasha and I love to cook, bake, and craft. Today has been the first cool day we have had in a few days. On hot days I try not to cook because I do not want the house to get any hotter. So with today being a windy and rainy day, I decided to bake. I went through Pinterest to find an idea to go along with the fruit I had in the refrigerator.



Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Ingredients:

Filling:

1/4 cup sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 egg white
1 cup blueberries (or choice of fruit)

Cake:

1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
5.5 Tablespoons softened butter (not melted)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg and egg yolk
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping:

1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 Tablespoons butter cubed

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease pan.

To make the cake mix dry ingredients into a separate bowl. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside and in a larger bowl combine wet ingredients. Mix together butter and sugar and vanilla until smooth and then add egg and egg yolk. Alternating flour and sour cream until all are combined together. Pour batter into greased pan and set aside to make the filling.

In a medium-sized bowl put room temperature cream cheese and sugar together and mix until smooth. After combined add egg white until cream cheese, sugar, and egg white are smooth. Place filling on top of batter evenly. Add freshly washed fruit patted dry on top of filling evenly and set aside to prepare the topping. For the topping combine white sugar, flour, and cubed butter. Take a fork and make the flour, sugar, and butter crumble. The topping should not be pasty the butter should be forked in. After crumble is combined sprinkle all the crumbled on top of the fruit evenly.
Place into the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the knife comes out clean.
My oven is a gas oven and I had the timer set for 45 minutes and 5 more minutes after the timer. Once the knife comes out clean take out of the oven to cool.

This is the second time I have made cheesecake and my first time making cheesecake within a cake. The first time I made cheesecake I forgot the cream cheese and it turned out terrible. I have learned to make sure I follow the instructions.

Enjoy, talk to you soon,
                                       Sasha

Comments